Patching Damp areas on internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After having my mid terrace damp coursed, all aside from the kitchen, then decided to do things the wrong way around and install a new kitchen...

Long story short, kitchen installed - and has been for a couple of years - and there's a slight problem area.

Adjoining wall with the neighbours, likely single skinned brick which used to be part of an outhouse ( house is 120 years old ), replastered and repainted, new skirting.

The wall, in some places, is showing the classic signs of damp. Yellow marks appearing through the skirting around wood knots, areas of loose plaster that crumble away, paint blistering - all at around floor level to around 80cm up the wall ( the houses are built on a hill and are staggered against each other )

Over the past year, i've carefully chipped away at "poor" areas, stuck them with filler and repainted over the top. Works for a few months at a time.

Problem now being, the house is up for sale and i'm keen to draw attention away from my constant patching up and i'm running low on matching paint.

Aside from doing the job properly, any ideas for quick fixes ? Any way to discreetly cover the exposed area with a sheet of coloured perspex and make it a feature - that was my brainwave...

Suggestions welcome, especially if there's any "long lasting" bodge out there which will out fox a casual budget house survey...

Thanks !

Sponsored Links
Dan1975, Hi

OK I do not approve??? of the bodge?

But how about tiling the wall??? or walls with really cheap white tiles?

Thanks @KenGMac - the damp isn't "too"bad so am going to tile over it and repaint the skirting.

Appreciate your reply :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back