Patio - 300mm rule ?

Sponsored Links
The rules are simple with respect to this, you cannot have any raised patios higher than 300mm above the highest undisturbed ground level. Can't really tell from your pics if you are in breach or not though.

Hi

The patio at the top by the sliding doors, has been raised by the thickness of 38mm slab and muck , straight over original crazy paved patio..with half of that old wall you can see coming down

It appears the highest part of the patio is level with the ground floor of the house. Nothing wrong with that.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Deluks

The thing that worries us , is now , where we are able to stand on the end of the 2nd patio , we can see over into our neighbours garden , they do only have 2 foot panels with a foots trellis on mind you , so it feels `intrusive` , the row of houses do have a few raised patios like this , that look `down` on others gardens

Thanks Deluks

The thing that worries us , is now , where we are able to stand on the end of the 2nd patio , we can see over into our neighbours garden , they do only have 2 foot panels with a foots trellis on mind you , so it feels `intrusive` , the row of houses do have a few raised patios like this , that look `down` on others gardens
Not if you put in 6' panels in ;)

The thing that worries us , is now , where we are able to stand on the end of the 2nd patio , we can see over into our neighbours garden , they do only have 2 foot panels with a foots trellis on mind you , so it feels `intrusive`
Do what I did, I offer to pay for my neighbour fence panel, they were happy!

So much height difference, so little water feature....

stepping-water-garden.jpg

IMG_5120.JPG

Sydney-city-and-suburbs-the-rocks-water-steps.jpg

Hi all

Well must be my 6th sense !
Letter from the council today....

I really need some advice on how to proceed if anyone can help ?

It says

'Subject' alleged unauthorised height increase to patio

Dear sir

The council has received a complaint in regards to the above

Following an investigation (??????? When did this happen do I not get to show them in person?) It has been established that there is a breach of planning control consisting of the extension of the exisiting patio and the stepped hard surfacing over the remainder of your rear garden area

It goes on to invite a retrospective planning application which isn't guaranteed to succeed

What can I do ?

Thanks !

The council has received a complaint in regards to the above
From one of your neighbours.

Following an investigation (??????? When did this happen
When they went to the neighbour's house.

do I not get to show them in person?)
They can look over the fence.

It goes on to invite a retrospective planning application which isn't guaranteed to succeed

What can I do ?
I would worry that submitting a planning application would be an admission that you think you need permission.

Have you written to them pointing out that you have not gone more than 300mm AGL at the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back