patio and porcelain slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i was just discussing and showing my project to one of the builders at our workplace whos doing some work here, we are going for outdoor porcelain 600 x 600 tiles, i've got a sold base of mot type 1, there is alittle more leveling to do, but when i showed him, he said for porcelain you want to treat it like a indoor floor and screed the who area so its level, i was going to lay a them on cement bed about 30mm thick and he said that's not going to work.
the tiles are 20mm thick
these are the tiles

so am i ok with just a full cement bed or do i need to screed the area first?

thanks

1333.jpg
444.jpg
1333.jpg

Sponsored Links
I believe you can lay 20mm on a mortar bed, mine are 10mm so laid on a concrete base with tile adhesive. Don't skimp on the primer!

IMG_20231009_095452322_HDR.jpg

tha
I believe you can lay 20mm on a mortar bed, mine are 10mm so laid on a concrete base with tile adhesive. Don't skimp on the primer!

View attachment 317518
thanks, they look very smart. yeah i need to read up on the primer, ive watched quite few videos of companies on youtube and they have all done the same

he made me question myself and everything i had watched beforehand

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back