Patio cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My patio slabs have gone the usual pale green colour with what looks like white splash marks (I assume this is another fungus). Can anyone recommend the best way to clean them without resorting to using a power spray?

Sponsored Links
brush a bag of sharp sand over it with a stiff broom. it will act like a scourer.

Sponsored Links
The sand is a very useful tip Ill try that myself. I once used my neighbours power washer and it took ages. It produces stripes if not done methodically. I tried scrubbing with ready to use deck cleaners but I have a large patio and it cost over £20 in product.
I use 'stardrops' which is an old fashioned general purpose detergent which you can still find if you look for it. Put about six cap fulls into a superspray hose end sprayer (not a power washer) which just uses the force from the hose pipe. it dilutes as you spray so forget the buckets. Leave for a few mins to let the soap lift the dirt or BBQ fat bird droppings etc. Give it a scrub then rinse off. so it only costs a few pence per clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back