Patio Drainage/Design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody.
I have an area at the back of my house that i have cleared and built retaining walls around. fortunatley or maybe not a waste water pipe runs through the middle of it to a manhole which i can tap into for the patio runoff water.
The question though is: Is there a specific pattern or ruling that has to be followed when laying the tiles to get the water running into the centre of the area and the drain? I can only think of doing it in four triangular sections, but can see that there is going to be a lot of tile cutting doing it this way and four lines from each corner leading to the central drain.
Any advice would be appreciated.

All the best, Calum

Sponsored Links
the four triangular or envelope is normal for a single centre drain and if your cuts are precise you can use both halves if that's a foul water drain you shouldn't really run rain water into it ;)

Many thanks Marshman for your reply.

Cheers, Calum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back