patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: HELP !!!!!!!
i'm just about to lay a patio . The area is about 20' x 17'. The area is square. There is a conservatory running along the width of my house with a flat roof sloping towards the garden. I have a garage running along the width of the garden which is opposite the house, with a flat roof also sloping towards the garden. There is a wall running down one side between the conservatory and the garage. And a fence running down the other side. As you can see it forms a square- completely closed in. I want to patio the entire area in the middle. There is guttering along the edge of the garage and conservatory but the down pipes just run into the garden. When it rains all of the water heads into the centre . At the moment it drains away through the soil. but with the patio there will be no where for the water to go ! im thinking of making a water feature along the walled edge with the drain pipes running into this to stop too much water falling on the patio.
With recent weather conditions in this country and the amount of rain fall we've just had will this be a good idea or should i include some sort of drainage system. When I layed the foundations for the garage which is around 20'x20' I allowed for a hard core sub base of 3' deep covering the entire area. The sub soil in the garden is clay.
I hope you can help !

Sponsored Links
Well, I really think you know the answer to this one, don't you? You gotta get rid of that water. Somehow. That means drainage to somewhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back