Patio drainage on new project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a patio and think I should install some drainage

green is where I want to install Aco drain
orange circle is where sewer is

IMG_2883.png

The path edge is not level (it’s approx 3-4cm lower one side). I want to level the patio from left to right (so it will be lower than path edge one end) but slope it front to back and install an aco drain

I have a sewer/manhole right at the edge of my patio that I was possibly hoping to connect an aco drain to.

How do I go about getting through the brickwork in terms of draining the water into sewer? What pipe connects from the eco drain to drain the water?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don’t have space for a soak away….

Would a further option be to dig down another 300mm at the front edge of patio (where water will collect due to the fall on patio ) and put down 300mm of pea shingle below the compacted hardcore to help with drainage?

Or is this not suitable because the gravel won’t necessarily compact as such?

Alternatively I can install without drainage and it’ll have to naturally drain away?

Sponsored Links
It would depend on what soil type you have as to whether it would drain or not. You can dig a test pit and throw a bucket of water in to see how fast the water drains away. Alternatively, you could check where the downpipes from your guttering are draining to and possibly tap into one of those. Assuming the house is relatively modern these should already be connected to a surface water syatem of some description.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back