Patio Extension - New Build. Colour Matching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, First post, so please bare with me;

I have recently moved into my new home (construction finished in June 2012. 2nd Owner). For the summer, I am looking at extending the existing patio area.

The way the house is designed, the slabs run from the front of the house, down the side, and around the back and so replacing all the slabs and starting a fresh seems unnecessary and as it is a new build, contractually, I can't do anything to the front.

I am struggling to get hold of the existing landscapers who laid the slabs to find out what colour they are. They are a standard concrete pimple design, but for the life of me; I cannot decide what colour they are.

An extremely odd question, I am sure, but all I can find is Grey and Buff. Whereas these seem to be in between, dependant upon the time of day and light reflecting off them.

Please see some photos below as I am struggling to match these and would like to get the work done asap.

The question is, is there an "inbetween colour", or is this the colour the buff ones go after 18 month etc? A link to a supplier would also be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert but they look buff to me. I recently rebuilt my patio using partly old slabs that I had and new ones. I had a similar dilemma, but went for buff and there are a good match - although I mixed the slabs up so a precise match wasn't necessary.

They look buff to me.

You can get buff or deep buff or cream that looks like buff.

Even then it's how much dye the guy is putting in the concrete mix or what type of sand, cement that can give you a certain shade of colour when making slabs.

At the end of the day they all go the same colour when they age.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back