Riven Paving Slabs - help with matching colour!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope somebody can give me some advice....

I already had Riven Buff paving slabs and wanted to extend my patio, Travis Perkins delivered the slabs, and I left the builders to get on with it, the new batch are not the Buff colour and now do not match, they are darker sort of grey colour!

Is there any sort of stain or sealant I could use to make all the slabs the same colour?? My own fault really as I should have just stopped the builders when they mentioned the colour difference, but I didn't realise it would be so obvious.

If anyone can suggest anything I would be massively grateful!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not really. Its a pretty big blunder by the sounds of it.

Any kind of stain or tinting is bound to fail. Unless its a big area you'd be best to lift them and relay.

I really hope somebody can give me some advice....

I already had Riven Buff paving slabs and wanted to extend my patio, Travis Perkins delivered the slabs, and I left the builders to get on with it, the new batch are not the Buff colour and now do not match, they are darker sort of grey colour!

Is there any sort of stain or sealant I could use to make all the slabs the same colour?? My own fault really as I should have just stopped the builders when they mentioned the colour difference, but I didn't realise it would be so obvious.

Thanks.

Did you order buff?

Or patio paint maybe, they do a variety of colors even a buff:

http://www.promain.co.uk/product/CooVar_W449_Driveway_and_Patio_Paint_id3232

Hi I have exactly the same problem, could I ask whether the stones have match more since they were laid, or did you find a solution? Many thanks

Thanks.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Hi I have exactly the same problem, could I ask whether the stones have match more since they were laid, or did you find a solution? Many thanks

Thanks.
[/quote]

No send them back as they were riven grey not riven buff.

Thanks.
[/quote]

or this stuff maybe.

https://www.promain.co.uk/product/coo-var-w449-driveway-and-patio-paint-id3232

Thanks.
Good Lord - that's exactly the same problem which lw3121 had - same supplier, same colour mix-up. Who'd have thunk it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back