Patio Heater Gas Bottles - Refilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DI have a 13.5KG bottle of gas - Does anyone know if these can be refilled at home DIY style by any chance?

If not where do people normally buy their gas refills from and what should I expect to pay - I am seeing refills costing £32.5 which is a lot of money

How long would 13.5KG of gas last in a patio heater?

Sponsored Links
No you can't refill, it's not your cylinder.

I have seen refillable cylinders, with adaptors so you can hook it up to an LPG pump at a petrol station, but since you have to buy the cylinder etc yourself it would take a good while to pay back!

Shop around locally, but your refill price sound about right.

What cylinder do you have? Is it the green Calor "Patio Gas"? If so it works out cheaper to buy a new regulater and use normal propane cylinders.

You could also try a different brand for prices, eg BP Gas, Flogas etc

Patio heater - hmm, as someone who works outside in all weathers, if I was being cynical I would say put a coat on

I wouldn't mess about trying to refill these pressurised containers as they can be lethal. When buying a refilled cylinder you are also paying for additional services such as the checking of the seals within the cylinder and pressure testing of the cylinder to ensure its integrity. Why would you want to takes such risks?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back