Patio help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Currently at the levelling out stage.

I've removed the grass and currently sit around 100mm from top surface that I've plumbed using string line around all edges, ive a couple of questions I need helping with.

I'm looking to put a base down of crush and run 100mm and I'm probably going to cement down each slab how much depth should I allow for the cement layer?

Levelling out? My area is approx 8m x 5m do you just eyeball the level across that span or do you know any tricks on getting the middle level to?

And last question crush and run how much does one jumbo bag cover? Selco site dont seem to say?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I’d have 50mm of cement mix, not sure what you mean about the middle level and your bulk bag will be 800x800x800mm so should cover just over 5mtrs at 100mm (if my maths is correct :LOL:)

I’d have 50mm of cement mix, not sure what you mean about the middle level and your bulk bag will be 800x800x800mm so should cover just over 5mtrs at 100mm (if my maths is correct :LOL:)

Thanks for the reply

I've hand dug out the pation now (previous owner had decked all the garden and even filled between the joists with mud... oh and it was about 2 cm from damp coarse!)

I've probably got on average about 80-90mm of mot now down over weed control, over the weekend I'll be hiring a whacker.

One final question before I attempt to lay them is cement mix is it..
1 cement
2 sharp sand
4 ballast?

Cheers

thats a concrete mix, can't imagine being able to lay slabs on that

generally need a base of hardcore then lay them on 30-40mm dry sharp sand mixed about 8:1 with cement

Sponsored Links
You may need a slight fall if near any walls. You could use a water tube level to get an idea of heights. About £10

I’d use 1 cement to 5 sharp sand and I’d do it wet so you can knock the slabs down onto/into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back