Patio issues - joining to house and loose edge-pavers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a 5-year old patio that needs some work.

1. the edging up to the house is gravel (10mm from wall to start of patio) and seems pretty damp just under the surface. I am going to get rid of the gravel and either concrete up to the edge of the house or put in one of those U-shaped drainage channels which might be a lot of work. Would appreciate some advice. (see pic of the tricky bit where the sink drain comes out which is going to be hard to figure out how to deal with concreting that up....)

2. the pavers by the edge of the patio have lifted. I need to re-bed these but would appreciate some advice on the best way to do this to minimise the chances of them lifting again at the edges where the pavers overlap the edge of the garden wall (see pic).

3. Mrs would like the patio/garden wall rendered. I think I can put that on the back-burner until after I've finished fixing up the pavers.

I've had a good read of pavingexpert.com - there's some good stuff in there, but no clear help on my two big issues.

Really appreciate any advice / views

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_082910610_HDR_2.jpg
    IMG_20210713_082910610_HDR_2.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210713_083013714_HDR_2.jpg
    IMG_20210713_083013714_HDR_2.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back