Patio joint compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some concrete riven effect slabs to point but i really cannot be bothered to point them with mortor or use a gun so can anyone recommend a good alternative compound. I have heard that sika stuff is good.

Sponsored Links
no offence buddy but that is the worse thing you can do with concrete riven slabs, if you brush dry mix over it the slabs will stain like crazy and in effect be ruined. The only way to use mortar is to use a firm mix (not wet) and point it like brick work hence the reason why i have decided to go with cemetone wide joint compound as its quicker and polymer based.
Brush in but no staining ;)

Sponsored Links
Why ask a question and then give an answer? :confused: :confused:

Why ask a question and then give an answer? :confused: :confused:

He is right about polymeric sands as they are the best way if you can afford them and you get the right one (some suck).

However he did say he was looking for alternative options so i gave one and done correctly (packing with a bucket handle) its at least a option.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/jointing05.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back