Patio project (a long time in the process!)

Enlisted some help from some mates (tea break no. 465, very important!)

DSC_3039.jpg

Started laying the slabs, not far to go now...

DSC_3038.jpg

DSC_3053.jpg

Remember kids, a worksite is dangerous!!...

DSC_3043.jpg

Sponsored Links
Latest progress, majority of slab laying done now, just need to slab behind house. Although slabs are running low now and i need some more!

DSC_3069.jpg

DSC_3073.jpg

Been a while (started dining room project whilst weather had been bad), but finally an update, almost done now, just some paint here and there and the lighting.

Slabs all laid....
DSC_3156.jpg

DSC_3162.jpg

Unfortunately, i ran out of slabs, and having a look for more revealed the colour we choose is only available in 15sq/m packs (the only colour too!), so a new pack was needed, leaving this left over....

DSC_3159.jpg

Sponsored Links
After a bit of research, i discovered a product called Romex Rompox Easy, a German made jointing compound which is super easy to apply and long lasting.

easy_en.jpg

After applying i can safely say this was the easiest way for pointing the slabs, just clean the joints out and broom it in. It dries in 12-24 hours. We decided to go for basalt black to contrast the silver slabs...

DSC_3311.jpg

DSC_3308-1.jpg

DSC_3315-1.jpg

A new door was installed, which makes a big difference to the look and security of the back yard. We went for a stable door (house is a converted coach house so not completely out of place!). The door was bought from B&Q, and i'm very impressed with the quality, solid hardwood oak, tenon joints etc... The hardwood made drilling the locks hard work however! The door was stained with natural coloured Sadolin Extra Durable Woodstain....

DSC_3316.jpg

DSC_3317.jpg

All that remains here is to render around the frame and paint.

greta looking job - have just started a simlar job in the garden and although I am not that far on yet, was wondering on what to bed the slabs on.

What did you use onto of your base material? was it a dry mix of something?

The finished product (minus a few minor touches!)

IMG_05351024x768.jpg

IMG_05321024x768.jpg

I used Rolawn Medallion turf, lovely stuff, and much better than other turf I found in garden centres.

Thanks for looking!

I am about to start laying a new patio and must say your posting, really has motivated me to get on with it! Many Thanks!

Well done Sylar.

I'm halfway through doing a patio approaching 80 m2!! Have taken photo's all the way through so far and might post if anyone's interested?

I really love this project. You make it look easy. Thanks for sharing! Learn a lot from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back