Patio re-pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 5 years ago i had a patio laid the marshall slabs the patio is laid like staggerd the problem is at the time when pointing i brushed in a dry mix yep and most of it has broken up and come out so im gonna put in a wet mix the question is there is still quiet a bit of mortar i have tried chipping it away but it's gonna take an age any ideas also putiing a wet mix back in i was talking to someone who lays patios and he recommended putting a very wet mix into a childs watering can ( for easier control ) filling the joints the hosing down with the sprinkler on to wash the flags but not disturb the joints .......thanks will

Sponsored Links
Its known as slurry pointing but its not as straightforward as it sounds. First off its needs to be very strong like 2.5:1 and the timing off when to sweep when to clean off etc is pretty important.

The old stuff is going to break up anyway so better off just chipping and grinding it out and re-do the lot

thanks there is only about 30% of the patio to do and do have a grinder so little and often me thinks an excuse to get out from the kids :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back