Patio repointing advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm thinking of repointing our patio. I have only repointed a few bricks on a wall before with a ready mixed repair product. For the patio I was going to use Blue Circle Mortar which only needs to be mixed with water, it's a cement grey colour I beleive. I suspect I would be quite slow so was thinking to only use a bucket to make up a smaller quantity and do it in stages over a few days. I was thinking to do it in winter as there will be loads of other jobs come spring/summer but don't know if that's advisable? I could maybe get a tarp to cover it from rain but can't easily protect from frost.. I've attached a few images showing the area (5x3m) attached a few images of where the patio meets the house wall as I assume this is just a wider band of mortar that fills the gap? Or is something else used along this join? Thanks for the help
20240215_080639.jpg
20240214_081726.jpg

Sponsored Links
I was thinking to do it in winter as there will be loads of other jobs come spring/summer but don't know if that's advisable? I could maybe get a tarp to cover it from rain but can't easily protect from frost. here I found good info. I've attached a few images showing the area (5x3m) attached a few images of where the patio meets the house wall as I assume this is just a wider band of mortar that fills the gap? Or is something else used along this join? Thanks for the help
Low temperatures can slow down the setting time of the mortar. Therefore, I think it is worth waiting for a warmer time, since frost can damage an unprotected solution.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back