patio slabs sub base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I want to build up a 3000 mm by 1800 mm garden shed on some left over patio slabs. I searched the net and they advised on digging up a 75 mm deep hole as large as the area of the shed, fill the hole up to at least 40 mm with ballast and cement dry mix, then concrete and slabs on the top. My question is: what is the point to add cement to ballast if i do not wet it? Isn't it better and probably cheaper to just put ballast or hardcore, then concrete on the top and press slabs down? As for the concrete base to press slabs down, do you make the concrete by mixing 1:6 cement and building sand or sharp sand..............i mean which one is better and why? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
just make a simple concrete base 100mm thick, more than enough for a shed and a lot simpler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back