Pation/Drainage help.... Possible photos hop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all please see below pic, my aim is to make this section of the garden more appealing and more practical as I have a dog.

I'm looking to remove stones and replace with a strip of artifical grass down the middle with decorative stones or brick pavers down each side of the artificial grass with a gate at the end and also lighting down the sides.

This is to improve the look of the garden and so the dog still as somewhere to do her business without walking muddy paws or through the house.

Can you guys advice on if I will need a chanel drainage system at the side of the house running into the current drain, what I could do to hide the existing manhole covers and also what I would need to do to the sub base, thanks.

Can anyone photoshop this for me showing what it could look like once completed.

Sponsored Links
Is that manhole cover right in front of the back door? bit of a daft layout.

The planners would suggest you find an alternative such as a soakaway before draining surface water into a waste-water drain. (google SUDS)

Have you considered some form of water permeable surface? that would avoid the drainage issue..

Is that manhole cover right in front of the back door? bit of a daft layout.

The planners would suggest you find an alternative such as a soakaway before draining surface water into a waste-water drain. (google SUDS)

Have you considered some form of water permeable surface? that would avoid the drainage issue..

Yes right outside the back door and there's another one just out of the pic, what do u mean by water permeable surface.

That's a pic through the window, the pebbled area flows to the left along the house wall.

Sponsored Links
A permeable surface is one that water can pass through, such as grass, gravel etc. Permeable surfaces do not need draining. You can also get permeable block paving which is laid in a way to allow water to drain between the blocks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back