Paving Slabs Cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I just had some riven flags laid. They are a charcoal colour but they have quite a lot of residual white stuff on them. I was just wondering what is the best way to get rid of this? I plan on using a sealer after I have gotten rid of all the dirt and grime.

Attachments

• 684A9772-51F4-4FA5-9A36-853539ED44B0.jpeg
    684A9772-51F4-4FA5-9A36-853539ED44B0.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
outdoors? it might be dissolved mineral salts coming out as they dry. New stone is damp with "quarry sap".

It will stop arising after a while, and weather away.

Washing with water tends to drive the minerals back into the stone, so brush off.

The stuff on the cut flags against the wall is dust from cutting. Once wet it forms a residue that needs either a light pressure washing or a good stiff brush and hosing to shift it. The general boot marks also look like they walked in cutting dust from where they were grinding.

The obvious marks along the joint in the centre of the pic look like mortar stains and you will need removed with mortar acid. Really it is the paver who should be doing this work. Poor show to leave it like that and unjointed.

Lightly jetwash or scrub and hose it all. That will remove the cutting dust and if there is any marks left after that take a new photo with an overview shot and a close up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back