Paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello does anyone no why my new patio is changing colour, sorry only picture i have atm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-104159_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-104159_Gallery.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
What colour was it in the past, and how does that compare with the colour it is now?

is it sandstone slabs, or concrete?

What have you been cleaning it with?

What colour was it in the past, and how does that compare with the colour it is now?

"Formed from wet cast concrete"

What have you been cleaning it with?

?

Sponsored Links
Nothing yet its only 2 months old. The colour is a buff colour it shows it on the link i posted so they are turning darker and brownish

if it is getting darker, it is probably damp from water penetration, especially if there is muddy ground.

I have slabs with a good fall so rain runs off, towards the lawn which is lower, to drain away. The slabs are set in mortar so not much absorbtion from below.

My neighbour has his slabs flat, so water lies on them, and they are certainly darker and dirtier than mine.

Yours don't look brown to me.

Damp concrete usually goes a darker grey.

Mine is laid on 6inch thick bed of morter theres no mud underneath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back