Best Paving Slab Cleaner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good paving slab cleaner for removing algae etc?

I don't have a Pressure Washer.

The ones that seem to be good on the internet are:

Wet and Forget

Spear & Jackson Spray and Leave

Patio Magic Patio Cleaner

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I used near neat Milton to good effect. The best moss remover ever was a pile of earth which starved it of sunlight.

Blup

A bottle of bleach in a bucket of water and scrub it with a yard brush. A rectangular bucket that the brush will fit into works best.

I have used Patio Magic Patio Cleaner to kill moss and it works well. However that and Wet and Forget (which I have not used) both use benzalkonium chloride (also called alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride) as the active ingredient.

I suspect that Spear & Jackson Spray and Leave will be the same or similar.

W&F and PM are c. 8-10% and you dilute them down to c. 1-2% for use. I bought 5L of 50% benzalkonium chloride as that is a more cost effective way of buying it.

I use it on moss, not algae, and it certainly kills the moss but it does not remove it. The moss is still there but shrunken & brown.

Sponsored Links
Spear & Jackson Spray and Leave works great!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back