Pressure washer, steam cleaner advice ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a pressure washer, preferably a steam one. I need it to clean block paving and general use, but seems that a hot washer may be out of my price range, so now looking at just a good pressure washer as obviously a lot cheaper.
Does anyone recommend this or would you only use a steam cleaner?
Also what bar, psi, diesel, petrol would be recommended?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
So much choice! You can go for a diesel heated, electric powered Karcher for the best results, but my recommendation would go for a Honda petrol powered washer, from 6hp upwards.
What you don't want is a petrol washer with an aluminium pump head - it must be brass or it will burst in time....many of the cheapo Chinese things use these.
Make sure your choice has a chemical injection facility, and I prefer the type with the four fixable nozzles, rather than a lance with a universal nozzle.
John :)

Is your recommendation for a honda petrol powered washer a hot or just cold? And you would say this is adequate enough for cleaning block paving, decking etc.

For paving, concrete and decking a cold washer is fine....you'll be amazed at how much more powerful the petrol washers are compared to the domestic electric ones! Petrol machines also don't need to be 'rested' like the electric ones do.
For vehicle cleaning, a hot wash is much better courtesy of the chemicals used (thats out of my price range, never mind the size of the bloody things!)
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back