Pressure washer, steam cleaner advice ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a pressure washer, preferably a steam one. I need it to clean block paving and general use, but seems that a hot washer may be out of my price range, so now looking at just a good pressure washer as obviously a lot cheaper.
Does anyone recommend this or would you only use a steam cleaner?
Also what bar, psi, diesel, petrol would be recommended?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

As far as patio cleaning goes I have a domestic sized (similar to the karcher k4) electric pressure washer that does all the little jobs round the home, cleans car, cleans paths/paving & garden furniture. And it does well.

Perhaps your garden is much larger than mine but do you need steam and a large petrol/diesel one?

Heres where I got mine http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

Hi, thanks for the response, I also have a domestic karcher, I find it good for small jobs but not so good on slippery decking that I clean every year with it, does clean it ok but need something that will do the job quicker, I also need it for private jobs too, ie cleaning decking, patios etc.
with regards fuel type, this is purely how most that I've been looking at come.

Sponsored Links
We had a Karcher which was OK for a year. Then it started leaking and pulsing when the trigger was not depressed, so we had to turn it off at the power switch if we stopped work for a few minutes. We had it repaired and after a year the problem re-occurred, so we decided to ditch it.

The replacement we bought recently is a Nilfisk which was cheaper, is lighter, and does the job more efficiently than the Karcher ever did. It's powerful enough to do all we want, which is mostly cleaning stone paving. I wouldn't buy a Karcher again.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the Nilfisk model. It's out in the shed and it's raining! Look at their web site, though, and I'm sure you'll find one to suit.

ISTR that the nilfisk is one that also does the drain snake, I wish I had got one of those last year when mine blocked - would have saved myself the cost of the washer in the first place with the rentals I did.

ISTR that the nilfisk is one that also does the drain snake, I wish I had got one of those last year when mine blocked - would have saved myself the cost of the washer in the first place with the rentals I did.

I don't know, but some time ago I bought a separate drain clearer attachment that comes with adaptors for most makes of pressure washer. It was probably from B&Q or Homebase.

Back