PAXTON DOOR ENTRY- POWER SUPPLY.

BQW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one tried repairing a Paxton Net 2 Door entry system 12V power supply, model number 411-501.
They all seem to suffer with the same dead fault, no 12V out put.
When defective they still have HT on the smoothing cap and the collector of the chopper transistor.
I notice two small 4 pin chips, I assume are Opto Couplers and 4 med size electrolytic caps, that must be suspect.
A year ago replacement power supply's were £40, so not really economic to fault find, but now they are a whisker short of £85 inc VAT.

Sponsored Links
unfortunately need a reliable repairer not convinced there will be much in it by the time someone has ordered parts and repaired unit I suspect. Need to look at some that repairs psus regularly.

Don’t have the details of the power supply but you may be able to get something that’s compatible ?

I did find some cheap alternative's, some as cheap as a £20.
I am determined to have a go at doing one, I will report back if any success .

Sponsored Links
I did find some cheap alternative's, some as cheap as a £20.
I am determined to have a go at doing one, I will report back if any success .
Post some pics, and we may be able to help reverse engineer, if you are that determined! :)
But as above, if all you need is 12V, there are plenty of very cheap PSU available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back