PC CCTV solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all, a long time since I've been here - good to see the forum still alive and kicking :D

Many moons ago, I installed a CCTV camera complete with a Geovision 100fps card that sat in my pc.

Everything was going along swimmingly until (an impulse purchase) I bought a new pc that ran on 64-bit Win 7. It turns out there were no drivers for my Geovision card.

So I gnashed my teeth for a few months until I've managed to actually locate some drivers that work.

Bargain......until I tried to install the Geovision software and realise I've stupidly lost the key to activate it! (I stored it in a text file on the hard drive of the pc that I've since disposed of).

Yes, I'm a muppet :confused:

But I got to thinking - technology has moved on so much there must be a cheap webcam-type of solution to the business of CCTV-ing your property? Surely?

This laptop cost less than the CCTV camera and yet it has a HD quality webcam built in (doesn't do zero lux granted) but I imagine someone must have tapped in to the principle of having a USB webcam driving some software (Windows probably has it built in these days)?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back