pc on 24/7 ?

Interesting stuff here,

Sounds like I has the same problem as porker post's and I think the dusts spreaded the fire. The desktop pc was gutted by fire and melted the bottom half of the monitor on top of it and god know what would've happen if it carried on heating the tube inside the monitor which I believe is under vacuum air-tight pressure ???

The pc was made by Dell and only just over 2 years old. I'm agreeing with porker "Since then I have been wary of leaving the machine on overnight".

Are we suppose to take the cover off the pc and blow the dusts out time to time ?

Sponsored Links
I find my PC gets very dusty inside. This has decreased to a minimum since I installed laminate floor in my bedroom (where the PC is) so my new PC has barely any dust in it.

I took apart a friend's computer and found it had literally NO dust in it whatsoever. Mini-tower, on a carpet, in a bedroom. No dust. Didn't think to check if there was a filter at the time.

masona said:
the tube inside the monitor which I believe is under vacuum air-tight pressure ???

they implode, but the electronics burn well.

i have seen pics of this ladys house fire, caused by a tv set going up, tickled me, neighbour took pictures, i thought firebrigade should be first priority

CRT tubes are almost a perfect vacuum inside. When they implode they spread the glass everywhere. They usually have a tight metal band around them to reduce this dangerous effect.

Sponsored Links
Porker said:
CRT tubes are almost a perfect vacuum inside. When they implode they spread the glass everywhere. They usually have a tight metal band around them to reduce this dangerous effect.

In fact, because they are such a good vacuum, they don't.

Almost unbelievably, CRTs can actually EXPLODE!!! Yes, this is counter-intuitive. You would think "greater pressure outside tube, it implodes"

What happens is, the glass is under a pretty hefty tension. When an imperfection is introduced to the face of the screen (i.e. you break it), all that stored energy is released and the glass flys outwards.

I always thought they would implode, but no.

how do they get a Dyson inside a CRT in the first place?

This is just one of the many patents Dyson hold... :D

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Dyson never claim that their vacuum sucks better than others, only that it doesn't lose suction?

AdamW said:
By the way, has anyone else noticed that Dyson never claim that their vacuum sucks better than others, only that it doesn't lose suction?

good point, its a bit like bold washing powder, they were (far as i know) the first to mention theirs removes stains AND odours, but they all do

Oh, another one:

Special K. They market it as a healthy cereal, so as I am dieting I picked up a box and was comparing its nutritional values to regular Kellogs Cornflakes. They were virtually idential in calories, fibre, sugar, salt.

No benefit whatsoever, and they don't seem to claim any on the adverts. But the IMAGES in the advert tell us "Eat Special K and you will be thin and have a bedroom with fluttering white silk curtains."

they claim the same for All Bran but i think they mean you'll lose weight a different way :D

Sponsored Links
Back