PC speaker set up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: i have just bought a new Creative t6160 spreaker system for my PC.. have set it up.. but.. only getting sound from the rear speaker Sub wooffer female ports.. should i have a 3.5 split cable for the wooffer & front speakers to fit into my PC.. hope someone can give me some idea before i buy the extra items.. Paul.

Sponsored Links
Do I take it your speaker system has a selection of plugs coming off it?

Do I also take it that you computer has just the pink, blue and green audio plugs?

If so your problem is that you need to install a proper sound card into your PC, because a standard set up (green plug is line out, blue and pink are line in and microphone) will give you stereo sound for two speakers only through your green port. You probably want a 5.1 card.

If all your hardware is correct, and you have all the relevant plugs, then first check how it is all connected from the manual. Then check the settings on the master control on the computer, and finally check the settings of the piece of software you are running your film/music through.

well.. bought a 5.1 Creative sound Blaster Audigy SE..
got a friend to load it into my PC..this ran ok though his system!!
but when i set it back up with my Creative T6160 only getting very muffled sound from system..
i checked out the connections again!! but found that i can only get sound from the black male jack into the green female on the PC!!
& which ever way i connect the speakers in the Wooffer! i only get sound from the 2 bottom female connections.
Thanks again Paul aj.

Sponsored Links
:confused: had a guy try the system out with his computer.. the problem is the the woofer is faulty.. so after trying all what was needed to try.. it is going back.. but he had a better system for me buy for a good price... so problem solved.. Paul aj.. :)

Back