Please help me setup my studio speakers to my pc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i have a pair of KRK rp5's speakers which i want to connect to my pc's 3.5mm audio port.
My rp5's have the following connections at the back of each 1 of them ,TRS, XLR, RCA.

I previously bought an RCA to 3.5mm connection for each speaker and connected them into a splitter which sounded horrible ( static noise constant )

Which would be a cost effective way to connect them properly to my 3.5mm pc sound card

sound card is a asus d2x

Sponsored Links
3.5mm stereo jack to 2x phono/RCA.

Connect stereo jack plug to the Xona "front" socket.

Connect red phono/RCA to RP5 RCA unbalanced for right speaker.

Connect white phono/RCA to RP5 RCA unbalanced for left speaker.

Job done

Is fanboy still watching this thread? I wonder if the cable suggestion fixed the problem? I'd be interested to know.

I previously bought an RCA to 3.5mm connection for each speaker and connected them into a splitter which sounded horrible ( static noise constant )

I'm wondering if this 'noise' is due to loose connections or coming from the PC itself (not uncommon).

Best try Lucid's approach first, as it's a cheap fix, but if you still suffer from noise, it's likely coming from the PC in which case a USB DAC could be the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back