pcb fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok would just like a few yes or no answers please. Baxi solo boiler are the pcb easy to replace and would l be able to do this as l'm not touching any gas parts. Also how much roughly would it cost and best place to go for it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it is easy to do, simple wiring to remove and replace, but make sure you turn off the heating electrics at the main heating fused outlet, as this boiler will have permanent live and switched live to it.

As for the price, I can only suggest you search online for prices.

I only use Parts Center or my local supplier, but the like of them may not give you the best price, certainly Parts Center wouldn't.

What local suppliers do you use gas4you, maybe we have them where l live. Will they sell a PCB to a customer who's not corgi reg.

ok would just like a few yes or no answers please. Baxi solo boiler are the pcb easy to replace and would l be able to do this as l'm not touching any gas parts. Also how much roughly would it cost and best place to go for it. Thanks
:eek:

Sponsored Links
Solo 1 is a piece of cake but the 2 and 3 can be a bit tight.
www.gas-spares.co.uk
Wont rip you off and next day delivery possibly even 20% discount on price listed on site, If part not listed give them a call they will have it

Ok, you are aware that changing a PCB can alter combustion and certain tests need checking before and after?

And the PCB fault?

Many PCB faults are caused by other parts of the boiler failing. ;)

The PCbs do often fail but so do other parts.

A few months ago when I was in a hurry, I changed a Solo PCB only to find that it was an OC NC contact instead !

I find them rather fiddly to change and usually some little plastic bit breaks.

Tony

I was trying to hurry as it was after 7 pm and I had only agreed to do it that day for a landlord whom I did not know and as he never thanked me for going I should not have bothered as he was obviously ungrateful.

It was the usual Solo that I go to, possibly called a "2" ?

Tony

Ok, you are aware that changing a PCB can alter combustion and certain tests need checking before and after?
What tests need checking before and after? would it be alright just to change the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back