PCV Valve in Ford Focus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a PCV valve in a 2000 Ford Focus 1.4L Zetec? If there is, where is it? I heard that some cars have them while others dont and I am having trouble locating mine.

Steven

Sponsored Links
I had one on the 1.4 fiesta of a similar age.
If you do it will be behind the inlet manifold area
On the Zetec, the PCV system vents back into the back side of the intake manifold. If you look for it, its a rubber elbow about 4" down from the throttle body. That hose has a tendency to collapse and then break. SO with the car running, listen for an air leak by the intake manifold.
from memory few years
symptoms i had was erratic idle and i could hear the air leak

Hi stuartturbo,

I did have a leak in one of my hoses before. It was a vacuum leak I think. Anyway, I replaced this hose. It came as an assembly of 3 hoses with a 3way connection. I forget exactly what the whole assembly was called. Either way, I had a feeling that this was to do with the PCV valve or that it lead into the PCV valve. The hose itself looked similar to the one in the following pic:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wc...e/1064/large/19590055_dac_c71939_pri_larg.jpg

Does this look familiar to you? Do you know if the PCV is in this assembly or if this assembly leads into the PCV valve?

When I replaced this assembly it did stop the rough idle in my car. I do still have a problem whereby if I dont rev the enginer when I start the engine the revs will drop so low that it will cut out. I have a feeling that all these could be connected but I could be wrong.

Thanks for your reply

Sponsored Links
Back