PD and PP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I expect to get planning permission granted for a front porch and rear extension (in a single planning application), and also permitted development COL for a rear dormer.

Can I do part of the PP, then do the PD, then finish the rest of the PP?

I would like to build the front porch first (PP), then the dormer (PD), then the rear extension (PP).

I thought I read somewhere you would have to start and finish one before you can start the next?

Sponsored Links
That would only be true if there was some sort of (unilateral) undertaking on your part to complete the PD before commencing the PP - OR if the PP came with a condition suspending your PD rights at the point at which the PP was commenced.

In both cases, you would complete the PD prior to commencing the PP, but both of these scenarios are unlikely in this instance.

The front porch has a footprint larger than 3m² (and/or a height taller than 3m)?

Sponsored Links
Yes it has a footprint of larger than 3m², hence why it has to go in with the full planning permission, rather than being included with the permitted development part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back