Combining pd and planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have an application for planning permission for a side extension. I am planning, once this has been approved, to submit an application for a lawful development certificate for a two storey rear extension and attic conversion.

My questions are:
1. Is it likely that as part of my pp, they will remove pd rights? And if so, does the removal come into effect if the pp extension is not yet started?

2. If I get pp and then a lawful certificate, which order do we need to build?

3. At some point, we will need pp to join the rear of the side pp and the rear pd extension. Do we have to do this once both are built?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help!

Sponsored Links
1. Not likely. If rights are removed it is as soon as the council do the paperwork
2. Either
3. No

FMT's right. If the planning permission is not enacted then the rights remain intact. Besides, there's a long history of such removals being revoked on appeal.

Sponsored Links
1. Not likely. If rights are removed it is as soon as the council do the paperwork
Surely if PD rights were removed they would be done so as a condition and so only applicable if and when the extension was built?

No, removal of PD rights would be very unusual for a one off property, and it would be unrelated to any single extension that the OP might want.

So there would be other reasons to remove the rights and so not be conditioned to any particular application.

No, removal of PD rights would be very unusual for a one off property, and it would be unrelated to any single extension that the OP might want.

So there would be other reasons to remove the rights and so not be conditioned to any particular application.
The OP was asking if PD rights could be removed as a condition of his planning approval.

Could (possible)
or
Would (likelihood)

Anything may happen, but not everything will happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back