PD - another question I'm afraid!

OK, so I'm back with another question...
We have decided to do a fairly standard loft conversion under permitted development - two bedrooms (no bathroom) and a single storey side extension (which will replace a rather rickety single brick with felt roof existing structure). We are awaiting quotes to make sure our budget will stretch to allow us to do both (both kind of necessary, for different reasons). Once we have that, the plan will be to submit the side extension plans to the local planning dept. and to proceed with the loft in the meantime.
Are we under any moral or legal obligation to inform the planning dept. about the proposed loft conversion? I just can't bear the thought that they would attempt to stop it - we have taken so long to get to this point and prices are rising and availability of builders is falling with each passing month!
Any advice re. which order to do things in would be gratefully received.
Jude

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back