Pd v pp v caravan act

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all .just got approved pp for a double side extension 40% of the original house max. Now want to exercise my permitted development for a rear single storey on rear of house and also want to apply for a LDC for a detached garden Room 4.8 X 3.6m under the caravan act and also a smaller
Garden Room 3m X 4m.
If these rooms are granted under caravan act will they affect the allocation of space used for permitted development extension. Or are they totally separate and will not have any bearing on pd . Or do I have to get the pd first for the rear extension. As I don't want the garden rooms to reduce the planning authority decision on these matters.thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
They said they will remove pd rights as a condition when or if we start the approved pp double side extension

Last edited:
LOL the Caravan Act.

Is this where you can put wheels on something an it magically exempts it from planning permission?

Sponsored Links
You just have to demonstrate in theory that it can be lifted hoisted towed trailered away no wheels required

Great. I'll bear it in mind

upload_2022-1-7_19-29-19.png

Hi woody. Help me out here
What's the procedure to get the pd on this . Thanks

I thought The Caravan Act was a troupe of touring gypies. o_O

There was a thread a while back about this - do a search. Complete nonsense internet lore passed on as truth.

PD is PD and distinct from any other Act involving caravans or anything else.

Lol caravan act. Outbuildings are built under class e permitted development rights. I've just secured one for a 12x7.5m garage but you need to submit the correct evidence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back