Pea Shingle cat issues! Resin coverings?

Oh dear. I think the cats must have got fed up with a soaking and taken their revenge.

There's nothing quite so scary as an angry cat.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

The jet spray repeller was a no go as needed a constant water feed, something that is not possible in my tiny terraced house garden!

I've since got installed an ultra sonic version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NR8Q1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This has had mixed results in the first few days. The troublesome cat has been less noticed in the garden but has definitely befouled the shingle once! Hopefully he'll start getting the message as this device does say it can take up to 3/4 weeks to become effective.

Hi all,

The jet spray repeller was a no go as needed a constant water feed, something that is not possible in my tiny terraced house garden!

Sorry. I naturally assumed you'd realise that you'd need a hosepipe.

If it's a 'water meter thing', it shouldn't be a problem as the spray uses very little water.

Sponsored Links
I have now been using this product for a few months and, in all fairness, I should point out to anyone interested that it has begun to fail. Two problems:
1. The hose connection leaks quite badly, despite my trying two brand new Hozelock connectors. I had to use a jubilee clip to attach the hose and prevent leaking.
2. The 'switch' that is supposed to automatically change direction of the spray has ceased to work. With a bit of help, the head will turn but then sticks. I have tried making adjustments and lubricating with WD40, but no improvement.
It was only £20, so I'm not going to bother to ask for a refund or replacement. I suppose you get what you pay for. I've ordered a Contech.

Ultimate solution. Try first and thank me later. Go to B&Q and swap those shingles for slate chippings. Come back next week to update.

(Owner of 2 cats and live in Cat dominated zone. 😀

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back