Peace Lily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a peace lily its about 14 years old. recently i repotted it halfing it in the process and using a degree of new compost that i enriched with bone meal. when i halfed it the compost was very wet so i must have been overwatering. now i am careful not to overwater, but i have problems with the tips of the leaves going brown and some dying. also new groth coming thru but new leaves dying. i keep them out of direct sunlight in the living room. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Yes, sounds to me like the water logging might be the problem. My plant book suggests putting a bit of perlite in with the compost to help drainage.
My peace lily has fabulously healthy leaves - but no flowers. Do you feed yours? I put some of those slow release plant food granules in but perhaps I overdid it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back