pebbledash help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new to site i am going to do a d-i-y project soon but i need a little a help i want to pebble dash a wall but i do not know were to start ie how much sand , cement, lime if any do i need to water proof wall first how the best way to do the job i saw on the internet tryolean but cant seem to find it anywere what is tryolean how do you put it on what kind of texture would you need to stick to wall
thankyou all very good site

Sponsored Links
hi all new to site i am going to do a d-i-y project soon but i need a little a help i want to pebble dash a wall but i do not know were to start ie how much sand , cement, lime if any do i need to water proof wall first how the best way to do the job i saw on the internet tryolean but cant seem to find it anywere what is tryolean how do you put it on what kind of texture would you need to stick to wall
thankyou all very good site

Hi . Unless this is a very small area, I think you'd be better off getting someone to do it for you. Dashing can't be patched up or rubbed down, and it does take a bit of doing for even a regular plasterer to get 100% right.

I'm not trying to put you off having a go, so if you are happy to give it a lash do a search on this forum first, but be prepared to to live with whatever the finished job it looks like.

Sponsored Links
LOL reading this brings back memorys of a job we done. we done 1 panel for a bloke to see if he liked it. he said the stones where not the colour he wanted ( he said wash them so we did) he liked it. so we done the hole house like this. LOL in the end the house looked like a bowl of suger puffs. white cement and yellow-ish stones. lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back