1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Pebbledash repair

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by Keith650, 26 Feb 2021.

1. Keith650

Keith650

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi peeps, looking for some advice. I have a small (very old) conservatory on the back of my house, the walls of which are externally covered by pebbledash. I have just noticed a narrow crack in the pebbledash where it appears to be lifting. I think it may be due to a gutter corner joint that came adrift a few months ago (already fixed) that let water get in behind the rendering. I think it’s a repair I can probably tackle myself but I want to know the best sort of render to use, type of shingle to make good and, also, a good external wall covering to help keep any dampness out going forward.
    Thanks in anticipation. Keith

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Alastairreid

Alastairreid

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks like a white chip which has been painted.
    Hack out the crack and see how deep it goes.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local