Render repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What mix should I use to repair the pebbledash render on this external wall?
To see photo click username on left then 'images' at top.

(ps how do you insert a photo in a post??)

Sponsored Links
mike is that textured paint and not render? must be my eyes
to insert your pic in post click on upload images underneath where you have been typing and then click on show my images

(ps how do you insert a photo in a post??)

I select the link at the bottom of the post 'Show My Images' and it is easy to insert from there (assuming uploaded to your album).
There may be other ways.

Success! Image inserted!

Ah! Textured paint. Could be - I thought it was too thin for render.

I've had another look and think you're right. I've never used/come across textured paint before but a quick google has helped.

So it seems there's a layor of textured paint (indeterminate colour!!) on a render/cement coat of some kind (3:1 sand/cement??) on the brickwork. The render is crumbling under the paint so I'll need to fix both. Any tips welcome.

Sponsored Links
i would appply the render and then stipple it with a stiff brush to match the textured paint, you will see a slight variation in textures but not much to bother you, i have done so b4 stippled about 10m2 to mimmick existing painted texture, the only other way is to plain face render patches and to then apply textured paint to the plain face, but i prefer the 1st option, can you scrape off all the loose and flaking paint and render to show us what you are left with? with some more pics? as if its big patches you will need a scratch coat first, or if its just like on the photo "tiny" then i would just apply the render and stipple it after it has firmed up a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back