Pegler I -TEMP programmable TRV head! gimmck!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI again !
I have been looking for some TRVs for my new upcoming boiler replacement,While i was hunting the cheapest drayton trv4 s i came across this ;

PEGLER I -TEMP PROGRAMMABLE TRV HEAD..

Has anyone on the forum used one /fitted one /recommended them..I think it is a very clever product .like having a thermostat in every room,well nearly..
The only downside i see is how long do the batteries last!

http://www.pegler.com/EN/News/Terrier/TerrierItemplaunch

Are these a serious product or a gimmick?

mwf28

Sponsored Links
Has anyone on the forum used one /fitted one /recommended them.

The only downside i see is how long do the batteries last!

I tried these - too noisy and a bit clunky for my liking. Took them back just a couple of days after fitting.

I've since changed them to eTRV's which are working very well in my house. I've put in 19 of them and they're dead easy to fit. They have remote control too so easy to adjust - see www.etrv.co.uk

They state 2 - 3 years battery life - seems fine to me - when batteries are removed it remembers the settings too, so no need to reprogramme. I'd recommend.

I've fitted the Honeywell Rondostats which work really well but have to be imported which makes them expensive. I've not tried to i-temp yet but have one in the van to try out on a guinea pig at some point.

-thats an interesting first ever post above! With a weblink as well. Anyone would think they work for the company :LOL:

These things sound really good - unless like in 99% of houses, people leave the doord open... A case of education I suppose.

Sponsored Links
I have 3 fitted in my home and think they are fantastic.
Yes they do make a small amount of noise when adjusting but that only takes a small amount of time. They are very accurate and very easy to set the target temp via the on screen display. Batteries are supposed to last 2 years.
They are also controllable from either remote or via a PC with the appropriate dongle, the remote stuff is not yet on the market but will be soon. Highly recommended. They cost about £30 each from Screwfix.
Who knows, you may also be able to control each room via the internet once the dongle is out, don't see why not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back