Perfect Fit Blind Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this Perfect Fit Roller fitted 24mm brackets, the top left side is not sitting like the rest, see photos.
Photo 1 Top left not sitting right
Photo 2 How the rest are.

This is causing the top left of the frame to have movement back and forth. I never noticed it until the fitter was away and he isnt being of much help.

Anyone had this issue of know what the fix is? Is the frame faulty?

If I push in it the frame goes over the bracket stop, but just coming back out see Photo 3

Attachments

• Photo.3.jpg
    Photo.3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo.2.jpg
    Photo.2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Photo.1.jpg
    Photo.1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Look at Photo 1 and Photo 2, and look at the attached its sitting back see the red circled area

I've taken the frame off, and checked the brackets, Right side top and bottom is 22mm, left side top is 22mm and bottom 24mm!

Attachments

• IMG_4943.jpg
    IMG_4943.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 59
the clip is miss-aligned or broken, removed frame and check.[Should be credit card space between top of glass and clip.]

Sponsored Links
Buy 4 new 22mm clips £3/4 on Ebay/Amazon, as foxhole said they do tend to distort i have fitted a few and you do get the odd clip that doesn't quite sit right.

Buy 4 new 22mm clips £3/4 on Ebay/Amazon, as foxhole said they do tend to distort i have fitted a few and you do get the odd clip that doesn't quite sit right.

However if the OP has paid for them to be fitted, the fitter should return to properly finish the job..

If the fitter is unwilling to return to finish the job, then the OP is entitled to a refund of the cost of the fitting.

Yes paid to have fitted as part of other works. I already meantioned the brackets are not all the same 3 have 22mm marked on these and 1 has 24mm marked on these, so that is obviously the issues.

These are not broken, misaligned etc

The fitter has fitted the wrong ones, must of been happy with the job even though there is clear movement on these.

thanks for all the input, I put the original post on before removing the frame to check the brackets

Contact the company who employs him rather than the fitter direct. Assuming he is not a sole trader they should send someone out to repair his mistake.

Contact the company who employs him rather than the fitter direct. Assuming he is not a sole trader they should send someone out to repair his mistake.

These people are usually self employed, simply being fed leads and materials by an umbrella company. The OP needs to chase the fitter who installed it. If the fitter is not being helpful, then the OP should threaten poor feedback on Facebook, if he uses FB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back