perfoma 30he hot water onl when heating on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Heating left on all night. She who must be obeyed turned off the heating this morning and then went for a shower- not hot water...

The Fan/Flue light was flashing so I reset the boiler. LED still flashing. I noticed a tiny amount of water leaking from DHW pipe where it enters the boiler, or rather the water seems to be running down the pipe form inside the unit.

I turned the boiler off, turned up the room stat and restarted the boiler. Heating working fine. then I opened a hot water tap and hot water came out.

In spite of the diagnostic lights, the fan/flue seem unlikely given that it works fine when the heating is on.

Boiler approx. 3 years old.

It is safe to assume that the flow diaphragm has kicked the bucket?

Sponsored Links
Diaphragm does not affect the fan/flue .
just luck heating has come on without fan/flue fault showing again.
The part that is faulty is intermitent at first before going completely .
part req is approx 30 quid but need doing by qualified guy and only takes 20 mins to do he could also look at your water leak.

Thanks for the reply gas112

I will phone the fellow that fitted it. Which part needs replacing then? At £30 I guess that it is not the fan or venture but some kinda sensor.

Is the fault a "common" one?

______________edit/update_____________

Just wanted to confirm that your suggestion that it is the airpressure switch seems to be correct. I have just turned down the room stat, waited a few minutes and then called for hot water and it fired up ok.

I had also noticed that the leak has evaporated and is no where near the diaphragm.

Once again thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back