periodic inspection and test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i wondered of you could help me, do you need a specific qualification to do a periodic inspection and test on a flat? because as far as i am aware Part P covers installation and testing, but i am unaware it covers doing a periodic. plus if you have any support material that backs up, because again its a grey area

cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Why I keep answering this question I really don't know but, here goes.

Part P is a section of the building regulations. It makes the installation or alteration of fixed electrical installations a controlled service in the same way that most building works require approval of some kind.

A Periodic Inspection Report is a professional opinion of the state of an electrical installation.

Do surveyors have to submit a building notice to LABC?

Think about it. It is not - and never has been - a grey area.

Ideally you shoud have a C&G 2391 but there is no requirement in the regs they just state a competent person, you have to decide how competent you are and if you're willing to sign on dotted line it's your ar*e in a sling if you miss something.

The Part P scams are now requiring C&G 2391 for full scope and professional indemnity insurance for 3rd party testing.

HTH

ok, so in simplyfied terms you could have just said you need to be registered Part P to carry out a periodic is that correct?

Sponsored Links
sorry i meant that for the reply for dingbat many thanks for your reply too, i appreciate it

ok dont patronise me just state what you mean, why cant you just do that

thanks DESL i understand that

providing i think im competent as it says in the regs then i do what i think is best,

many thanks

If you carry out a periodic inspection and test are you installing or modifying the electrical installation in the property? Of course not.

PIRs are nothing whatsoever to do with Part P.

The requirement is, and always has been, competence. If you are asking these sort of questions then your understanding of the issue is less than adequate to be deemed competent to offer a professional service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back