Permanently disable 1 zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to permanently (well for the next 2-3 months anyway) disable 1 zone from both PART and FULL sets. Basically, we have brought the rabbit in from the cold weather (only 8 weeks old) and are housing him in his hutch in the dining room.

We have a Veritas R8 (the one with the separate remote keypad).

I think I have done it but wanted to check with the experts what I have done.

I have entered the engineer mode, then pressed 48 (Programming the Zone Disable Suite). This originally showed no lights. I then pressed the zone number to disable and pressed PROG. When I go back into programme 48, the zone I disabled is illuminated.

I just wanted to make sure this is correct and that it will be disabled for both PART and FULL set.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
easiest way to try it. is to set the system up, and activate the zone.

The easiest way would be a piece of card taped across the front of the detector.

Selecting the zone in "zone disable suite" is fine.

The Zone Disable Suite defines the zones that are not monitored. Disabled zones cannot cause an alarm.
A zone could be disabled if it was not being used i.e. whilst waiting for a faulty detector to be replaced.

Sponsored Links
The easiest way would be a piece of card taped across the front of the detector.

Selecting the zone in "zone disable suite" is fine.

The Zone Disable Suite defines the zones that are not monitored. Disabled zones cannot cause an alarm.
A zone could be disabled if it was not being used i.e. whilst waiting for a faulty detector to be replaced.

Thanks RF

put the hutch directly under the detector and have the best of both worlds?

sorry but no one replyed at 11.40pm so maby you could have left the alarm off for the night and tested it in the morning. Or put the hutvh so the front park with the window is not facing the pir.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back