Permanently disabling tampers from Texecom wireless devices?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After installing my Texecom wireless alarm (64w) a few years ago without any issues, I have had 3 tamper faults over the past few months from 3 separate wireless contacts, 2 of which were fortunately when the alarm was unset but the 3rd was in the middle of the night Waking us up along with half the street. I was unable to find any reason why the tamper faults occurred but I want to disable the tamper mode on all my devices including PIRs to avoid any future issues. I can’t find out how to permanently program the panel to disable the tampers, so any help would be appreciated?

Sponsored Links
Secureiam, Thanks for the reply.
it seems a very poor design if the system goes into full alarm mode when/if the batteries need replacing.
Does anyone know if there is a permanent way to programme the tamper out of all contacts and PIRs?

Sponsored Links
there was a change and can't remember when it occurred or which version of panel or equipment specifically where tampers have been present instead of the low battery alarm. This has been resolved as far as i am aware.

this was most evident in the micro contacts.

we recommend replacing batteries every two years to ensure continuity without issue, although dependant on circumstances the period can be longer or shorter before batteries are replaced. In the case of the pandemic, it threw things out slightly. There are other possibilities, heat and had they were installed but dont have that information to give an informed opinion.

You can't turn off the tampers for individual devices as such, are you able to post the log of events up until you reset the system.

ie zone x tamper, tamper restore, bell active, code enter etc etc this may give us a better idea of what is going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back