Permaroof Water-based Adhesive Problem. Anyone else?

Thanks dave.

Oh wow. They kept that bit quiet. Well I want to do things properly and if that's a get out clause then id rather pay the extra money and get all Firestone gear. That covers me in any event and at least I can reassure the customer ithey are getting a fully 100% Firestone install. I've used both of their contact adhesives. Firestone is a lot better to use. It doesn't seem to globulate as much.

I've told customers in the past to expect a few bubbles but not to worry because they will dissipate, and like you say, they give you this look of "are you having me on".

I've just done a course on grp roofing which seems to have quite a few benefits over Epdm. Especially with awkward roofs that are weird shapes. Have you had any experience with grp or come up against any of its shortcomings.

Yup, the GRP is most definitely handy on situations like Balcony's or roofs with penetrations. FormFlash is not cheap and a major PITA if you have lots of flashing to do!

Glad I can assist!

Sponsored Links
GRP is hard graft compared to sticking a piece of rubber down, but for heavy traffic areas and technical roofs its hard to beat.

GRP is hard graft compared to sticking a piece of rubber down, but for heavy traffic areas and technical roofs its hard to beat.

If there is going to be any traffic on the roof, I would always recommend using some kind of decking on the EPDM like Promenade tiles, or use GRP...

Firestone's EPDM isn't as strong as the salesman like to make out.

Sponsored Links
Yes we've been having problems with small bubbles on the Permaroof glues. We've had our supplier about it who has suggested paying the extra and going genuine glues from now on...

Thanks Dave for the explanation. Its spot on with your comments.

We offer our own brand as we can offer it slightly cheaper for those customers that want to buy on price. We have had the adhesive tested and were so impressed by the results, we were prepared to put our name on the tin!

We sell literally thousands of litres of this product every month. If the directions are followed you will not go far wrong. Obviously results will vary from contractor to contractor, because of the amount applied, weather etc.

The amount of queries we get regarding the application, are a tiny fraction compared to how much we sell. Its usually the application process at fault.

For the record we do offer both adhesives. Order what you feel safest with is what I could advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back