Permitted development and pre-1948 outbuildings that have since been demolished

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The title more or less says what my query is about.

This concerns a detached ex-farmhouse on quite a big plot. I'll attach a couple of images below to show what it looks like (I've redacted some names for privacy).

I've really got no idea where to start with this. I would guess that the detached outbuildings were likely agricultural (maybe a barn or something) but I don't know what the attached outbuildings were.

Given that all the outbuildings were in existence in 1948 (they are shown on maps both from the 1920s and 1950s) how does this affect things? I don't know exactly when they were demolished but in was sometime between then and 1999.

Does the fact they were there in 1948 help us in any way? Or, as they've been demolished since then does that mean that we can't rely on them?

Also, I don't know if it's relevant but the property is just outside the settlement boundary for the village. The settlement boundary actually runs along the line of the trees shown on the map.

I've attached two images showing the original farm and the current building.

By the way, that isn't a road next to the house but it's the driveway of the property, the actual road and entrance to the property is off the map to the right.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 29
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
Just going by the title, if something is not there then it don't count.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back