Permitted development chaned from 3m to 4m on a semi????

Sponsored Links
I've got to admit, I thought applying for one was a great peace of mind for anyone?

Sponsored Links
I always sit down with my clients and go through the Permitted Development Technical Guidance with them. I show them why I believe a development is permitted. Then I explain the Lawful Development Certificate, how it's not mandatory, but it is a great document to add to your deeds and really becomes worth it's money when selling the house in the future. 9 times out of 10, they think it's worth the money.

I always sit down with my clients and go through the Permitted Development Technical Guidance with them. I show them why I believe a development is permitted. Then I explain the Lawful Development Certificate, how it's not mandatory, but it is a great document to add to your deeds and really becomes worth it's money when selling the house in the future. 9 times out of 10, they think it's worth the money.
Your an insurance salesman then. And the commission is good.

Yes if you think selling worthless policies it's an ethical business to be in.

Answer me this .. what's the point of permitted development if people like you just advise clients (or "persuade" as you brokers call it) to apply for approval in anycase?

I agree with the permitted development guidlines being enough to have the confidence to crack on. However, I've seen people pull out of house sales on Solicitors' advice because there was no Lawful Development Certificate available. Unfortunately it's a real world problem and then the house chain breaks and everyone suffers. It happened to my Uncle last year and he lost out on buying a much needed bungalow. I believe it is the right thing to make people aware of the certificate. I think it would be unfair not to mention it and then they came unstuck. They would never forgive me. It's nothing to do with being unethical or unprofessional, in fact we, as professionals are duty bound to present the pros and cons.

Yes if you think selling worthless policies it's an ethical business to be in.

Answer me this .. what's the point of permitted development if people like you just advise clients (or "persuade" as you brokers call it) to apply for approval in anycase?

:LOL: Why do we have such applications and notification/approval processes if they’re considered worthless? Assuming this is only your view as the thousands of applications being submitted and granted up and down the country tell a different story?

You also mentioned the word “advise”, which is exactly what we do o_O Whether clients or other professionals take that advice is up to them but in the majority of cases, the advice is taken and seen through.

DevilDamo your argument might be valid but, as presented above, it's incoherent. What is your point exactly?

I suspect that his point is

Some plan monkeys don't actually have a clue about PD or planning matters, and are unable to properly advise their clients and take responsibility for their "professional" advice.

So they duck that responsibility (or inability) and advise/coerce their clients that they should get a CLD for what is otherwise run of the mill PD. And of course they charge their clients for the privilege of submitting and dealing with the application.

It was new to me about 6-8 weeks ago!!! I thought by the LPA confirming PA is not required, then job done. But the Planning Officer advised the PA is not the legal document as that only tells you that PA is not required while the CoL confirms the works are PD.
Yes it surprised me when I did an application for a client wanting an orangery.

From memory you cant do them concurrently, so you have to do, get approval then apply for the CoL.

I always get the impression LA hate PD -especially the larger extension scheme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back