Permitted Development External Finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Planning to build a side extension. It falls under Permitted Development apart from one thing, the extension will be a timber frame with modern wooden cladding on the outside, but the house finish is yellow brick.

Will this affect the Permitted Development status? If it will, I can apply for the Planning Permissions, but again, will they not refuse it based on the fact that the finish of the house and the extension is different?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
It should need a formal planning application.

For typical houses, there is no reason why a well designed extension in a different material to the existing house should be refused.

It should need a formal planning application.

For typical houses, there is no reason why a well designed extension in a different material to the existing house should be refused.
I was thinking to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate , hopefully they will comeback with some recommendations on the finish.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate , hopefully they will comeback with some recommendations on the finish.
No. That's not what a CLD does.

The reply will be either "It is" or "It is not" permitted development.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back