Permitted development, planning app, appeal???

you could alway shave a chat with neighbour A and point out that your extension would probably make it much easier for them to add another extension to the side of the kitchen behind their garage, a utility room perhaps..:)

Sponsored Links
Not mentioned it to him but a similar plan was approved on my street last year. So I cant see the problem.

Spoke to the planning officer and he said it should not be a problem cos theres a 2.4m gap - but they need to do a site visit to check everything.

The planning officer is due to come soon - so will let you know how it goes.

Hi

Under permitted development you can have a ground floor extension up to 3m in depth assuming you have not had a ground floor extension previously. The height must not exceed 4m.

Under permitted development, the neighbours have no say.

I suggest you shorted your extension to 3m, the re-apply.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Dave

Under permitted development, the neighbours have no say.

That's not 100% true.

If you're works do fall within PD and you look at obtaining a Certificate of Lawfulness to have that officially confirmed by the L.A., then the neighbours will be consulted but can only object on the grounds on whether or not the development is lawful. They cannot object on planning grounds.

Sponsored Links
Hey - the plans got approved. 2.9m for the attached neighbour and 4m for the unattached.

4m was allowed because the extension will be in-line with the unattached neighbour. A few extension on my street have the staggered design because not all of the houses are in-line.

Now need to get party wall sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back